I am singing that Disney song and feeling no worries today.
Thank you to everyone who gave so generously with your heart, time and money. We made the climb and I really felt like Ava’s energy was with me the whole way.
There is something magical about this place. In books that speak to the energies of the Earth, this is her crown. Lots for me to add in a video on our WS Cares site so stay tuned but excited for the next step.
Safari Day 1: Lake Manyara National Park
We leave Chanya Lodge at 8:30 a.m. and drive to the Manyara National Park for game drives. it’s about 4 hours to Lake Manyara National Park.
We’ll bump along dirt roads in what I’m told are high-end range jeeps. Once inside the park, we’ll drive another 5 hours to Kilima Moja Lodge for Dinner and a night drive to see what we can.
About the Park & Wildlife
This is where Ernest Hemingway spoke about in his short story, Snows on Kilimanjaro. The game viewing is an expanse of the jungle-like forest with hundreds of baboon troops, as they are called. I hope to see:
- blue monkeys running between the ancient mahogany trees;
- large buffalo and wildebeests with herds of zebras;
- maybe an elephant or two with the occasional tree-climbing lions
- bushbucks and mongoose hurrying through the brush; and,
- something called hornbills hoking loudly from the high treetops in the canopy stretching up to the sky.
There are more than 400 species of birdlife so its a given I will see many diverse types. Hoping to send notes on sightings of other beautiful animals in the wild.